The next form is the core of managing my lists. It dispays the name of the list and the category and allows direct editing of these features. Categories are intended to be use for filtering and sorting so that a larger number of lists can be used.
Next a series of large friendly buttons allow transfer to other areas:
This brings up the current contents of the list the user can then delete words in bulk or add new words.
Merge from other lists
This will allow the user to select one or more other lists. After selecting these lists a dialog will be brought up showing the combined set of words in those lists. The user can then select which words they want. Select and clear all will be available.
Merge to list
This will bring up a dialog that allows the user to select words to merge. Once done a dialog will be brought up allowing the user to select lists to send these words to.
A common factor in these dialogs is the selection of lists. The core feature of this application vs other sight word applications is intended to be the easy manipulation of lists.
Below is the initial cut of the dialog. After I get the application working I intend to do an 'aesthetic' run-through to add landscape capability and to make it look prettier. This is the primary reason I didn't do this as a table, I think it is easier to implement as a standard dialog, and it offers more freedom to make modifications.
Now this screenshot isn't the most attractive dialog, but it includes the essential information.
I do intend to clean it up prior to release, and to also make another .nib file that contains a landscape version of the dialog.
I also refactored the sight word display, since I am having it initiated from two locations, I made a static method on the SightWordDisplay class that shows the dialog. I also intend to clean up this some more, I'm not satisfied with my 'singleton' sight word state.