Thursday, July 15, 2010

Otter Box case for IPad

I have an Otterbox case for my iPhone and love it, it's very protective and feels nice.  I signed up for a mailing list for when OtterBox releases an iPad version.  Well they have finally done so.  

I purchased the defender case, and received it in the mail a couple days ago.   The free shipping was very fast, it took 3 days to get to my house.

First impressions:

What you get is a film you can apply to your screen, a 2 layer case that covers most of the iPad, and a back that can either serve as a stand, or a greater protective cover to your screen.  It also includes a large screen cleaning cloth, and a plastic piece to help attach the film to the screen.

The case feels very solid, and I think it will be very impact resistant.  If you have the back cover over the screen it provides an air gap that should protect your screen against direct impact.  The other sides are covered with rubber over a hard plastic case.

There is a back to the case that can be removed.  This allows access to the power outlet and to be used as a docking station.


Pros:
Very protective
When the case is put on the front of the iPad it should allow you to put it in any bag.
The back can be used as a stand for your iPad.
Cons:

The you need to remove the small piece in the back to charge it.  I would have liked a rubber plug such as my iPhone has for charging.
It's a little heavy.


Pictures will be forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment