What I had to do to retrofit a navigation controller onto my existing project.
- Add a navigation controller to my main window
- Add my main I was using as the view in the navigation controller. You have to set both the nib and the class to your class.
- Add a navigation controller outlet to my application delegate.
- Connect my navigation controller to that outlet.
- Modify the main of the delegate to do the following:
where rootViewController is:
@property (nonatomic, retain) IBOutlet UINavigationController *rootViewController;
I spent more time than I care to think doing this, I would miss one step or another and things would just not work. It was useful practice to wire the thing together, but it ate a lot of time.